Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Future Project: Getting started with Stargrunt II

Right now I'm in the process of learning how to play Patrol Angis, it is going to be my go-to space opera game. However, I also would like to play some different hard sci-fi wargames. One that I've wanted to try for a long time is GZG's Stargrunt II



I managed to get the printed book from Monday Knight Productions about a year or so ago, and it has been on my bookshelf since. I just separated out the 2 counter sheets the other day on a whim. Once I finish reading, and playing a couple of games of Patrol Angis, I will start reading Stargrunt II.

I've got an idea of the forces I want to play with Stargrunt II. First I like the Out Rim Coalition Marines that came out last year from GZG, and I recently purchased about a company's worth of the figures, so they will more than likely be my primary battleforce.







 There is another faction from the Tuffleyverse I've wanted to collect for a long time, and that is the Kra'Vak. I'm going to try and get a few packs of them soon.








It ought to be fun painting up both battleforces then pitting them against each other.

11 comments:

  1. And I have a crap load of unpainted Kra'Vak to include vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you figured out a color scheme for your Kra'Vak? Something like darebear's from Small Soldiers, perhaps?

      Delete
    2. thinking of having you do them lol

      Delete
    3. Okay - just let me know, and let me know what colors ;-)

      Delete
    4. You can pick the colors !

      Delete
    5. I've got some ideas on the colors - I'll send you an e-mail about them.

      Delete
    6. Ok over 100 troops and a bunch of vehicles!

      Delete
    7. Hmmm...I could do that :-)

      I sent you an e-mail about a Kra'Vak color scheme idea. I have enough of the colors I suggest on hand to paint all your Kra'Vak ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh as for STARGRUNT II it's an older but VERY pliable system! I have an expansion that is used at GZGs EEC to speed up play and use full companies Vs each other. I'll repost on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it's older, it looks better than some of the more recent offerings from other companies. Just casually skimming the rules, I see that it has A LOT of things I want in a hard sci-fi wargame. Now if I could find some players here.

      Delete
    2. I taught it to my son in hour....)

      Delete