Friday, May 5, 2017

The Joys of Mono

I've been pretty busy with painting commissions for others, so my own minis are kind of falling by the wayside. I don't have as much time to work on my minis as I would like to, so I'm going to be trying out a painting technique for my minis I found on Carmen's Fun Painty Time  -  painting minis in a monochromatic scheme:



Carmen's video is for zombies, but it can easily be applied to other types of minis. Using this technique, it should make it easy for me to quickly paint some of my minis between commission jobs.

Now maybe I will be able to knock out some Horror, Pulp, and Western figures that have been screaming for paint for ages.

1 comment:

  1. I finished a group Reaper Dwarves tonight. I tweaked Carmen's technique a bit by using some washes to blend in the colors a bit more. I also tried some tighter detail work on the figures' weapons by using a much smaller brush to drybrush metallic colors. I'll post pictures later.

    ReplyDelete